System one-lines in AGORA allow users to locate geographically substations and connectivity associated.
Monitoring the network with the SENSE Estimator (Semilinear Electric Network State Estimator)
- Allows easy deployment and real-time integration with any SCADA system through highly efficient model-capturing processes and measurement acquisition
- Needs virtually zero IT maintenance: automatic generation of one line diagrams and a collection for visualizing nodes, substations, lines, switches…
- Performs quality tests for field data previous to the estimation, which ensure robustness
- Intelligent (i.e. context-dependent) learning of measurement weights
- Provides topology and parameter estimation: lines & transformers connectivity, taps, zero impedance branches, shunts.
- Performs active/reactive power decoupling, designed to ensure the fulfillment of the load flow equations
- Evaluates the network model quality
- Generates automatically one-line & several other diagrams to visualize field and estimated values.
- Generates real-time high quality snapshots: the State Estimation result is always a solved power flow
- Allows the use of snapshots both for online simulation within AGORA, and exported for off-line simulation in other analysis tools.
- Exports to standard formats (Siemens PTI PSS/E, GE PSLF, IEEE CDF…)
Optimizing the network operation with Optimal Power Flow
- Performs optimization in real-time, based on the last State Estimation available.
- Minimizes losses (MW)
- Minimizes reactive loop flows (MVARs)
- Minimizes the (user-defined) cost of actions
- Maximizes the reactive power margins.
- Computes the optimization plan analyzing the result of actual SCADA actions on the network, providing much more accurate results than traditional OPFs, which rely on continuous variable optimization.
- Provides the plan as a set of explicit actions that the operator can perform on the SCADA.
Ensuring network security with Contingency Analysis
- Analyzes the consequence of the loss of equipment, performing powerflow calculations.
- Runs on the real-time state snapshots provided by the State Estimator.
- Allows flexible definition of contingencies (including general N-1), zoning, and limit-violation criteria for ranking severity.
- Provides on-demand and scheduled studies.
Real-time static stability by means of PV-QV curves
- Computes PV-QV curves in real time, based on the last State Estimation available.
- Provides distance measures to voltage collapse.
- Enables user-defined curves over variation sets for both loads & generators.
- Allows flexible variation of loads: constant power factor or independent active & reactive values.
- Allows adding single or multiple contingencies and comparing results in a multiple curve presentation.
Supporting operators with the online Limit Violation Solver
- Elaborates action plans based on the real-time network state, taking into account the equipment that is currently available for operation.
- Is able to correct limit violations both in the real-time state or in simulated states (useful for programmed outages).
- Can be called at will in any moment.
- Provides flexible configuration of priorities & policies, for over-voltage, under-voltage and overload conditions.
- Computes plans using an A* algorithm that selects the optimal path, according to user-defined operational criteria, between the initial situation (in which limits are violated) and the final situation (most or all system values within limits).
Supporting operators with online Blackout Restoration Plans
- Generates restoration plans in real-time for local and full system blackouts, based on algorithmic exploration using the physical model of the network, and the State Estimator for monitoring the changes.
- Allows dynamic re-calculation of the plan when the operator does not follow it, or when there are external causes that change the network state.
- Provides flexibility in adding company rules and restrictions.
- Computes plans using an A* algorithm that selects the optimal path, according to user-defined operational criteria, between the initial situation (blackout) and the final situation (system restored).
- Useful for the analysis and verification of preventive restoration plans, for compliance with reliability standards.
- Offers hierarchical (distributed) mode for large networks having area-specific control centers. Restoration plan activated by areas, and coordinated centrally when the outage affects more than one area.
Network Environmental Awareness
- Computes and monitoring of the CO2 emissions of all generators on real-time.
- Allows the choice of weighing actions by taking into account emissions (actions involving generation redispatch) in Limit Violations Solver & Restoration modules.