Built for the professional utility planner, HELM™-Flow is a simulation and analysis tool for power flow studies in transmission and distribution grids. It delivers fast, accurate, and unequivocal solutions, since it is based on an innovative and unique methodology for solving the power flow equations.
At the core of HELM™-Flow is the novel power-flow engine based on the Holomorphic Embedding Load-flow Method (HELM™).
Network diagram in HELM™-Flow
HELM™-Flow provides the following benefits:
- RELIABLE RESULTS:
- No more uncertainties related to “convergence problems”. A new and unique constructive, non-iterative method that gives mathematical guarantees that no other numerical iterative method can provide: if the case is feasible, the method yields the correct operating solution; conversely, if the case is infeasible, the method detects such condition—reliably.
- TIME SAVING:
- New tools and a layered approach for simplified analysis, deconstruction, and optimization of cases, in a fraction of time compared to traditional tools.
- EASY TO MANIPULATE:
- Very intuitive and friendly GUI. Enhanced visualizations allow users to quickly identify and assess the grid model and its electrical state.
- NEW CRITICAL INSIGHTS:
- Performs power-flow computations in large cases, with over 70,000 nodes. Computation of accurate P-V/Q-V curves, even near the point of collapse. Reliable Contingency Analysis, without having to worry about convergence issues. Unique Sigma plots for quick, visual assessment of the distance to voltage collapse.
- The software is up and running in minutes. It uses industry-standard file formats for data import and export, which makes it a perfect companion to existing tools.