Sigma plots allow users to quickly assess the electrical state of the network, and easily locate problems in very large networks.
HELM™ -Flow provides the following functionalities:
- A completely new way of approaching and solving the power-flow problem.
- A US-patented power-flow algorithm that provides reliable and unequivocal results, thanks to its constructive and deterministic nature.
- Provides a quick qualitative assessment of the electrical state of the network, via unique, patent-pending Sigma Plots.
- Allows analysis even for completely infeasible cases, for which there is no actual solution.
- The method has been field-tested for over 15+ years as part of an industry-proven suite of EMS applications (AGORA).
- Standard modeling capabilities, compatible with industry-standard analysis products (Siemens PSS®/E and GE PSLF).
- Very intuitive and user-friendly GUI
- Extensive selection of user-friendly network diagrams, charts, and table data sheets for easy navigation throughout the network.
- Computation of P-V and Q-V curves accurately up to the point of collapse, without requiring costly continuation methods.
- Additional power-flow tools specifically designed for diagnostic purposes. Automated diagnostics on the model, such as checks for conflicting controls, abnormal parameters, or data consistency errors.
- Scripting capabilities: most activities in HELM™-Flow can be automated via an easy-to-use scripting language.
 US Patents Nos. 7519506, 7979239.